To convince myself, I've been thinking about the positive things Texas has to offer. Here's what I've got after several days of pondering (in no particular order):
- Sunsets/Sky... truly breathtaking.
- Nala. This is the state where Nala is from (probably).
- Keto. Meeting Keto at the dog park and Laura adopting him is a cool thing about Texas.
- The Morrows. Good friends DO exist in Texas!
- Movie Taverns. These haven't taken off in SC yet, but they're fun here.
- Good storms.
- Wonderful churches. (www.wedgwoodbc.org and www.firsteuless.org).
- Apartment Life.
And, these are the things that I really can't stand about Texas:
- Traffic. (It took me ONE HOUR to drive 11 miles on my way home from work on Monday.)
- The roads. Seriously, why is it so dern complicated!?
- No good Mexican restaurants. (Surprising, isn't it?)
- No beach.
- Really far away from Charleston.
- No Intercoastal Waterway.
- No hurricane season. (See Disclaimer Below).
- No county parks like Palmetto Island or James Island...)
- One way 'frontage roads'.
- Heat! (The guy on the radio this morning said it was going to 'cool down to 97 tomorrow'.)
- Far away from SC.
- Takes a LONNNNNG time to get to any family.
- No downtown Charleston.
- No IOP Connector.
- No shutting down when it gets below 30 degrees.
- Highway 183.
- Minimal trees/greenery/grass.
- A/C is always breaking cuz it has to work too hard.
- State inspections for cars.
I really think I could keep going, but as my lunch break is almost over, I shall get back to work.
Disclaimer: these are very specific to our part of Texas. I do realize that even today a hurricane is making landfall in Texas and that there are beaches in Texas... but that's all about 7 hours away.