After an amazing road trip with Shannon this last week (more on that later!), I had decided in my heart to leave the final Thailand decision up to Matt, my wonderful husband.
After spending a few days with good friends and newborns and family, it would have been easy for me to stay in America. On my flight from Atlanta to Dallas, sometime in the middle of the night, it was clear to me: Staying in the States and starting a family would be an awesome experience, and Moving to Thailand to teach adorable kids would be an awesome expereince. Either one could be God's will, and either one could bring much glory to Him. I prayed that the Lord would make it clear to Matt...
Probably within 30 minutes either direction of that prayer, Matt received the email offering us the position. And he believes this our next step, so I'm so excited!!!
The picture on the left shows the part of Thailand that we'll be in. Then, the next picture is a closer view so that you can see where we are in relation to Bangkok.
We're in for another adventure, folks! Can't wait to update you about how God is at work in Thailand. Prayerfully, he will use us there to spread His name. Even if He doesn't use us in that way, I know He will do a great work in our hearts and in our marriage.
(Global English School is in Nonthaburi, Thailand).
We will be leaving Texas August 23rd or 24th and flying out to Thailand September 2nd, we think.
In the meantime, there's lots and lots to to! Pray that our focus would be on the Lord and that we would be prepared spiritually, physically, emotionally, financially, relationally (and every other way) for this journey of faith. If it really does happen in this time period, it will definitely be God's hand!