Monday, December 27, 2010
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
We would drive through things like this:And saw lots of things like this:Then we walked around and went into the shops and then watched the Christmas Trees that were set for their lights to go with the music. It was very cold, but we had lots of fun.
The James Island lights is something that I've done with my family almost every year since it started. It's also where I had my first-ever date. I remember going there with my Dad, and other family and friends from out of town. Lots of good memories!
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Well, Matt is now 15 hours into his Master of Arts in Teaching. So far, he's gotten all A's and B's, and I'm SO proud of him. This last set of classes, he doubled up and took 2 classes at the same time. It was tough, so he probably won't do that again. He has a break for about a month but will probably be working on some assignments that he has for the general degree, not for a specific class. I really enjoy helping him with his assignments and sometimes think maybe I should get a MAT too. :)
This semester was not fun for me at all. I was completely overwhelmed by trying to take 2 classes, especially with how it worked around my work schedule. I ended up with a C in Statistics, which was sort of a relief. I've never gotten a C on a report card in my whole life, so I kind of freaked out when I first saw it... but then, I actually thought about it and, considering everything that has been going on, I'm very thankful for that C. It qualifies as my pre-requisite, so I don't have to take it again. And I deserved it. And I got a B in my Business Enterprise class. I probably deserved a C in that class as well, so I'm very thankful for that B.
After this semester, I've actually decided to take a break indefinitely from school. I want to be able to spend my time doing other things and being able to do them well. Trying to add school into the equation was a quite overwhelming for me, and I have other commitments that really fell to the side.
So, that's just a brief grad school update from us. Matt continues on, halfway to his goal (in less than a year!), and I'm bowing out graciously. I'm much more excited about being a cheerleader for Matt. He's gonna be a great teacher someday (again)!
Monday, December 20, 2010
This was another thing on Facebook I found from the status collage page which makes a collage of all your pictures from the year. I did edit this one a bit since some of the pics it had chosen didn't fit well, but I did choose other pics from the same album.
If you're a Facebook user, you should try it too. :)
Sunday, December 19, 2010
Saturday, December 18, 2010
Here's #21. I really did laugh out loud when it came onto my desktop. (Sorry it's not the most flattering, ladies!)
Friday, December 17, 2010
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
-Peanut Butter Delights (my favorite!)
-Rice Krispy Treats
-Peanut Butter Kisses
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
When I was driving up to Atlanta on Wednesday, it took me 3 hours to get to Columbia, which is twice as long as it usually takes. But, that actually ended up being a good thing because I got to see my friend Karl (a teammate from Central Asia) at a random gas station. He was driving from Orlando to Tennessee and ended up being in Columbia around the same time I was, so we met up. Yay for randomly seeing good friends! I picked up Valerie in Columbia, and we had a great drive to Atlanta, full of singing lots of good songs and also having good talks. Got to Atlanta pretty late but stayed up talking with Aunt Karen and helping her bake a little.
We slept in on Thanksgiving but still had lots of good time catching up with Jeannene and Grandma while helping Aunt Karen prepare for the Thanksgiving feast. Uncle Rob was watching football in the other room. :) Mom and Laura arrived a couple hours before we ate, so we all contributed to the meal a little, which is one of my favorite parts of Thanksgiving. I love it when everyone is in the kitchen together!
We had a great meal but then Valerie and I had to leave. More singing and talking on the long drive. I'm very thankful for a family that I enjoy hanging out with! Dropped off Valerie in Columbia then drove back to Charleston. All in all, it was a 34 hour trip but very worth it.
Just would have been better if we could have ALL been there... missed you, Uncle Kenny, Aunt Kim, Brittany, James, Bailey, Charlotte, Julianne and both Matts!
Friday, December 10, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Monday, December 6, 2010
Alright, here's Number 16.
Matt is God's gift to me, and I have missed him over the last year and a half. This weekend was an amazing time for us to focus on our marriage. Just to re-prioritize and remember that our marriage really should be more of a priority.
We didn't stay at the hotel and didn't do all of the homework and maybe skipped a session that was a little too early on Saturday morning after being up really late. But we still learned SO much and were so thankful for the weekend.
AND we ran into some friends from Charlotte and got to have lunch with them which was nice too!
Thanks, Ben and Jacq for the tickets! God used this weekend for us!
If you are married, I highly encourage you to do Weekend to Remember or something similar. God's plan for marriage is the best. Let us know if you have any questions.
Sunday, December 5, 2010
And here's #15.
Thursday, December 2, 2010
Well, she is getting started in her business so did a special of holiday photo shoots for $35. Matt and I got to do it on Wednesday night. It was fun but a little bit awkward as photo shoots normally are. We had some cute outfits for Nala, but she didn't cooperate very well. She was a little distracted by the new environment and the dog that she could hear on the other side of the studio door. :) Anyway, wanted to share this video that Melissa made of the best pictures. I think it's cute though there are a couple of pics I would have left out. What do you think?
Monday, November 29, 2010
Here's number 13:Do y'all still like Random Photo?
How I celebrate Christmas (if you care):
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog is good in small doses. Already had some on Friday night when decorating the Petersons' tree. Hot chocolate is better, if done right.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like white better, but colored lights are fun too. I think we had colored mostly growing up. Matt likes colored.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? After Thanksgiving. Usually sometime around now. Haven't gotten the house straight enough for it yet though.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My Mom's baked goodies we deliver to friends & family.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Well, my favorite 'holiday' memories involve Thanksgiving because we always did it with my Dad's family and then also did Christmas with them on Thanksgiving night. We usually got money or new jewelry or purses that we would use going shopping the next day as a huge family clan. I will think on this one more though...
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don't remember. I think I was in 5th grade, but I didn't tell anyone for awhile because I wanted to keep it real for my sisters.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? YES! Growing up, we always used to open ONE on Christmas Eve, then it went to 3, then finally ALL of them. Matt and I do Christmas Eve with my side, so we always do all of our Tyndall gifts on Christmas Eve.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I like looking at it, but I don't like being out in it. Well, maybe for a few hours, then I'm over it.
12. Can you ice skate? Haven't in a really long time. Last time I did it in Thailand, but I didn't enjoy it. I enjoyed watching my students much more.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? One of my top favorite gifts was a video camera that my Dad got me. The same year, he got my sisters a keyboard and karaoke machine, so we have hours & hours of me video taping us all doing karaoke. Fun memories to look back on!
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Special time with family. Reconnecting with friends. Lots of songs everywhere about Jesus. Reflecting on God sending His Son to us.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? see #6
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? My Mom's Soup & Salad party. (Which we need to plan!)
17. What tops your tree? A star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night (Point of Grace version is a favorite)
20. Candy canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum. But I can usually only take one per season. (Completely agree with Kristin!)
21 Favorite Christmas show? Elf.
22. Saddest Christmas song? ???
23. Christmas cards: love or hate? LOVE!!!!!! And I love refreshing the pictures on my refrigerator. PLEASE send me your Christmas cards. And give me your address so we can send ours too.