Monday, November 29, 2010
Here's number 13:Do y'all still like Random Photo?
How I celebrate Christmas (if you care):
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog is good in small doses. Already had some on Friday night when decorating the Petersons' tree. Hot chocolate is better, if done right.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like white better, but colored lights are fun too. I think we had colored mostly growing up. Matt likes colored.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? After Thanksgiving. Usually sometime around now. Haven't gotten the house straight enough for it yet though.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My Mom's baked goodies we deliver to friends & family.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Well, my favorite 'holiday' memories involve Thanksgiving because we always did it with my Dad's family and then also did Christmas with them on Thanksgiving night. We usually got money or new jewelry or purses that we would use going shopping the next day as a huge family clan. I will think on this one more though...
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don't remember. I think I was in 5th grade, but I didn't tell anyone for awhile because I wanted to keep it real for my sisters.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? YES! Growing up, we always used to open ONE on Christmas Eve, then it went to 3, then finally ALL of them. Matt and I do Christmas Eve with my side, so we always do all of our Tyndall gifts on Christmas Eve.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I like looking at it, but I don't like being out in it. Well, maybe for a few hours, then I'm over it.
12. Can you ice skate? Haven't in a really long time. Last time I did it in Thailand, but I didn't enjoy it. I enjoyed watching my students much more.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? One of my top favorite gifts was a video camera that my Dad got me. The same year, he got my sisters a keyboard and karaoke machine, so we have hours & hours of me video taping us all doing karaoke. Fun memories to look back on!
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Special time with family. Reconnecting with friends. Lots of songs everywhere about Jesus. Reflecting on God sending His Son to us.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? see #6
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? My Mom's Soup & Salad party. (Which we need to plan!)
17. What tops your tree? A star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night (Point of Grace version is a favorite)
20. Candy canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum. But I can usually only take one per season. (Completely agree with Kristin!)
21 Favorite Christmas show? Elf.
22. Saddest Christmas song? ???
23. Christmas cards: love or hate? LOVE!!!!!! And I love refreshing the pictures on my refrigerator. PLEASE send me your Christmas cards. And give me your address so we can send ours too.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Friday, November 26, 2010
Here's #11 (This one makes me smile.)
Thursday, November 25, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Saturday, November 20, 2010
... Monday, Nov. 20, we had a nice date planned. We dressed up and were going to go to a tapas place for dinner and then a fondue place for dessert. I was very excited for an official, dressy date, so when Matt came to pick me up, I had sparkling grade juice and cheese and crackers for us. I thought we would really enjoy the whole night and relax. Matt was rushing through and I had no idea why, but I just followed his lead. We left a little later than he had planned, and both of the places we tried to go to for dinner were closed.
Matt said that he had to go by his house to go to the restroom before we went to dinner at a different place. On the way to his house, he said that he wanted me to see a video that he had made with his college roommate. I sat down to watch it and heard our song. The video included a couple of inside jokes, but it was mostly full of pictures of us. In between pictures, the words, "Will...You...Marry...Me?" flashed up, and I couldn't believe what was really happening! When the video finished, Matt got on his knees in front of me, gave a little speech (which included him saying 'I Love You' for the first time) and then asked for my answer. I said, "of course!" and then we kissed and he gave me the ring.Matt had also made a video of several of our friends telling us why they are excited about us getting married. He had planned to use that as part of the proposal, but it didn't work out. We watched that video, and then he told me he had one more surprise planned blindfolded me.He drove around & around to throw me off. Eventually, we ended up at his sister's house. When we got there, a lot of our friends and family were there for a surprise engagement party! It was wonderful! Honestly, it was perfect!
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Confession: the background of my computer at the moment is of a very random bridge, that even I had a hard time recalling. (I eventually decided it was taken in Chiang Mai, Thailand), but I didn't want to use that one. So, I cheated.
Who? Where? When? What? -- Major props if you can get this one!
Sunday, November 7, 2010
(If you are like me and do blogs in a reader, I know that one doesn't show up.) :)
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Friday, November 5, 2010
I'm thankful for my job. I don't always love it, but I'm thankful for it. And the good benefits that come with it.
I'm thankful that I can be in grad school for free. I definitely regret my decision to take 2 classes this quarter, but I'm thankful that I have the opportunity to take these classes.
I'm thankful for Matt helping with housework so much.
I'm thankful to have only one dog--and this dog being Nala. Several times a day I am thankful for this.I'm thankful for the next 10 days having lots of fun stuff that out-of-the-ordinary.
I'm thankful for such a fun Community Group.
I'm super, extremely thankful that my best friend will be returning to the States this month and that I will probably get some quality Ginger time fairly soon. :)
Thursday, November 4, 2010
So, Picture 3, was in 2001 at Animal Kingdom, the final part of Steven's and my Senior Trip. After Mom, Steven and I went on a cruise to the Bahamas with most of Charlestowne Academy Class of 2001, the Gaffords, Matt and Steph, came down to Orlando for a week of Disney-ing. It was a really fun week. :) This particular picture is a favorite because my utter, genuine fear is captured perfectly. Dinosaurs are scary, after all.
Here's #4. Who? What? Where? When?
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
On to another one... hint: 7 people in this picture should be identifiable.
Who? What? Where? When?