How I celebrate Christmas (if you care):
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog is good in small doses. Already had some on Friday night when decorating the Petersons' tree. Hot chocolate is better, if done right.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like white better, but colored lights are fun too. I think we had colored mostly growing up. Matt likes colored.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope.
5. When do you put your decorations up? After Thanksgiving. Usually sometime around now. Haven't gotten the house straight enough for it yet though.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My Mom's baked goodies we deliver to friends & family.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Well, my favorite 'holiday' memories involve Thanksgiving because we always did it with my Dad's family and then also did Christmas with them on Thanksgiving night. We usually got money or new jewelry or purses that we would use going shopping the next day as a huge family clan. I will think on this one more though...
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don't remember. I think I was in 5th grade, but I didn't tell anyone for awhile because I wanted to keep it real for my sisters.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? YES! Growing up, we always used to open ONE on Christmas Eve, then it went to 3, then finally ALL of them. Matt and I do Christmas Eve with my side, so we always do all of our Tyndall gifts on Christmas Eve.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I like looking at it, but I don't like being out in it. Well, maybe for a few hours, then I'm over it.
12. Can you ice skate? Haven't in a really long time. Last time I did it in Thailand, but I didn't enjoy it. I enjoyed watching my students much more.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? One of my top favorite gifts was a video camera that my Dad got me. The same year, he got my sisters a keyboard and karaoke machine, so we have hours & hours of me video taping us all doing karaoke. Fun memories to look back on!
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Special time with family. Reconnecting with friends. Lots of songs everywhere about Jesus. Reflecting on God sending His Son to us.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? see #6
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? My Mom's Soup & Salad party. (Which we need to plan!)
17. What tops your tree? A star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both.
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night (Point of Grace version is a favorite)
20. Candy canes: Yuck or Yum? Yum. But I can usually only take one per season. (Completely agree with Kristin!)
21 Favorite Christmas show? Elf.
22. Saddest Christmas song? ???
23. Christmas cards: love or hate? LOVE!!!!!! And I love refreshing the pictures on my refrigerator. PLEASE send me your Christmas cards. And give me your address so we can send ours too.