Yesterday, we received our 10th email about an available child. Honestly, the wave of excitement that comes when you get an email about a baby is indescribable. Could THIS be our baby? It's also a little heartbreaking. It's a reminder that we live in a broken world. But it's also encouraging. A birth mother choosing adoption is much better than choosing abortion.
Today, while we wait for news about this latest baby, I am Thankful.
- I'm thankful for how God has already provided greatly for this adoption.
- I'm thankful for our house and that it will make a wonderful home for our family for years to come.
- I'm thankful for each person who donated items for us to sell at our yard sales.
- I'm thankful for the people who have purchased jewelry, make-up, home decor, and Tupperware in support of our adoption.
- I'm thankful for those who have participated in our raffles by spreading the word or donating to earn entries.
- I'm thankful for the sweet notes we've received along with donations in the mail.
- I'm thankful for the people who sold class rings and discarded jewelry for our adoption.
- I'm thankful for everyone who came and supported us at Chik-fil-A.
- I'm thankful for the crib, highchair, play pen, bassinet, bouncy seat, and baby clothes that have been given to us with such generous hearts.
- I'm thankful to be on this journey with my best friend who keeps me grounded.
- I'm thankful for a wonderful job with special people who encourage me and ask me about our status.
- I'm thankful for people who purchase items through our Amazon site in support of our adoption.
- I'm thankful that Lifesong for Orphans is allowing donations to be made to them so that people can give tax-deductible donations.
- I'm thankful to have been called to adopt a child...
- I'm thankful for those who walk this journey with us.