This past Thursday, our social worker from Bethany (we'll call her "E"), who is now more like a friend, came by to check out the new digs. It was SO great to see her again in person. We hadn't seen her since June 2011, but we've exchanged lots of emails and phone calls. After she checked out the new house, we sat down and just talked. We had lots of questions for her, and she was such a good sport to answer what she could.
Ever since she left, I've been soooooo thankful that we are where we are. We truly love working with Bethany, especially in our part of the State, and we truly trust that OUR baby will be arriving at the perfect time.
Now, our attention will soon turn to fundraising again. The thought of getting the call that we've been matched but not having adequate funds is a little intimidating.
Here are a few specific requests we have for now:
- Pray for those who are facing unplanned pregnancies
- Pray for God to work mightily in the hearts of these ladies, for them to choose Life for their children, whether through Parenting or Adoption
- Pray for those who have chosen an adoption plan to have comfort and wisdom through the process, for picking their path (agency, attorney, open vs. closed, etc.)
- Pray for OUR birth mom specifically
- Pray for us to have wisdom with our fundraising. We don't want it to be all about us but a way to help raise awareness for adoption, for orphans, and for God's heart for the fatherless.
- Pray for the grants we've applied for. We're currently waiting to hear from Caroline's Promise, Gift of Adoption, and Help Us Adopt