I'm so thankful for all the different ways that adoption has become part of my life:
- I'm thankful for the neighbors up the street who adopted a kid when I was in elementary school then immediately became pregnant so raised two kids almost like twins.
- I'm thankful for the F______ family who I met while I was in high school and had the opportunity to babysit for in those days.
- I'm thankful for the professor at Anderson who was single but had two adopted daughters (can't remember which country).
- I'm thankful for having full-out lectures about adoption during my time at Focus on the Family.
- I'm thankful for having friends who are adopted.
- I'm thankful for friends who have adopted or are adopting.
What about you? What are your experiences with adoption? Does it seem very foreign to you? Something God is calling you to be part of? Something you want to know more about?