I was nominated for the Liebster Award by a new blog friend, Ashley. She blogs over at Expecting Miracles so go show her some love. Thanks for thinking about me, Ashley!
This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers...the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.
11 Things About Me:
1. I don't like eating meat from a bone.
2. I love to travel and learn new things about different people and cultures.
3. Fall is my favorite season because I can wear sweaters and flip-flops at the same time.
4. Matt and I met in 1997 when he was in 7th grade and I was in 9th. When we first met, he was scared of me because I was kind of a punk. We had band together that year in school.
5. My best friend is Ginger who I met when we spent the summer together on 'Summer Project' with Campus Crusade for Christ in Gatlinburg, TN.
6. I used to love riding horses and hanging out at a horse barn and everything that involves.
7. I have super sensitive smelling powers.
8. We've lived in our house for almost 3 months and haven't done anything in our yard. I'm afraid we're going to get kicked out of the neighborhood.
9. I love being a big sister to my 2 younger sisters... and so thankful that we have all become close friends.
10. I am NOT a plant person. Every plant that has ever been under my care has met an early demise...
11. I confuse myself by being an introvert who loves people and a task-person who is not nearly as organized as I used to be.
Ashley's Questions For Me:
1. If you had to choose one of your 5 senses to give up, which would you choose?
This is hard, but I think I would give up smell.
2. What is one thing on your Christmas wish list this year?
A Pyrex dish with a cover and a carrier so I can make stuff and transport it easily.
3. What was your favorite subject in high school? Least favorite?
English was my favorite... anything science was my least favorite.
4. If you were a crayon, which color would you be?
Purple Mountain Majesty... why? I have no idea.
5. What is your favorite home cooked meal?
"Mrs. Judy's Chicken" which is Parmesan-crusted chicken in small pieces.
6. What is your favorite movie of all time?
Way too hard to choose just one... favorites are LOTR trilogy, Gone with the Wind,
Sound of Music.
7. Do you have any tattoos?
No. I'm a chicken. Matt has 4 or 5, and I've been with him for 2. Does that count? :)
8. Have you ever traveled out of the country?
Many, many times. My earliest trip was when I was 9 months to London. My longest
time overseas was 9 months in Central Asia.
9. What is your dream vacation?
10. What scripture or quote has been the most encouraging/inspiring to you in life?
Ephesians 2... especially the first 9 verses.
11. What is one of your goals for 2013?
I don't really do goals. (Maybe I should.) But one of my hopes is to complete our first
My questions for my Nominees:
1. What is your favorite thing about the Christmas Season?
2. Do you like shopping?
3. Where is the farthest you've been from home?
4. Aside from your spouse or child(ren) (if applicable), who is the family member you are closest to?
5. Would you rather eat out for a week straight or have someone make you meals at home for a week straight?
6. Who are your top 3 non-profit organizations to joyfully give money to? (In other words, is there an organization you enjoy giving to?) Why?
7. Describe yourself at the age of 16 in 3 words.
8. What's your favorite part of a beach vacation?
9. Last movie you saw in the theaters?
10. Most helpful thing you could pass on about money management?
11. What's your favorite Christmas song?
My New Nominees*:
Mindy at Mindy's Non-Adventures
Jeannene at La Casa de Pacheco
Rachel at Jonathan and Rachel
Kristin at Kristin With an I
Debbie at the Lowthers
Brooke at Livin' on the Edge
Ginger at A Little Ginger Goes a Long Way
Holly at Crabtree Chronicles
Carrie at the Random Thoughts of CarrieGracia at A Committed Follower
If you receive the award, there are a few rules to follow...
1) Each blogger nominated must post 11 things about themselves.
2) Then answer the 11 questions the tagger has asked
3)Blogger must then create 11 questions of their own to ask the bloggers they decide to nominate
4) They must choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate and link them on their blog post
5)Bloggers must be notified of their award!
6) No tag backs!
*I understand everyone is busy, especially during this time of year. Don't feel like you have to participate if you can't find the time. I would love to learn more about you, though, if you can!