Thursday, March 28, 2013

Trip to BeBe's House

We have just returned from Tyndall's first road trip, and it was truly "Over the river and through the woods... to grandmother's house".

Mom/BeBe has been down several times to visit, but she has been looking forward to having us up there.  It worked out for us to go Sunday-Wednesday of this week.  At first, it was just going to be me and Tyndall, but Matt was able to switch with someone at work so he could go with us.  AND Valerie joined us for a bit which made it even more special.  

We got up there late Sunday night and just settled in.  Mom had just gotten a pack-n-play that she setup in the other downstairs bedroom for us.  Tyndall did well sleeping during the night, but Matt and I are not used to sharing a smaller-than-double-sized bed.  We slept in different beds the other nights. :) 

Unpacking... :)
Monday morning, Mom made cinnamon bread, and we just hung out around the house.  We were putting together a nativity set that she got us in Israel and started organizing her pantry.  We had frozen pizzas for lunch and just enjoyed playing with Tyndall and hanging out.  We did venture out in the cold for a short walk to visit the horse and the goats.  

Getting bundled up to face the cold...
Cute bundled baby
Tyndall not interested in the horse... who looks like the feeling was mutual.
Staying warm with his hot daddy
The goats... Stella, Dot, and Sebastian
Inside working on the nativity set... about to conquer the pantry.
Cute Farmer BeBe :)
Later in the afternoon, Matt's long-time friend Amanda came up from Greer to hang out with us.  She got to meet Tyndall, and we got to catch up.  We took her to downtown Saluda, but everything was already closed.  So, we went back to the house and played cards.   Valerie showed up in the evening, and we were all hungry so found a place to go to dinner.  We went 'down the mountain' to Tryon and ate at Side Street Pizza. Yum!  After dinner, Amanda headed back home, and the rest of us went back to Momma's house.  Matt went to bed early since he took the night shift with T-man, and Mom took care of Tyndall while Valerie and I tackled some Mary Kay business.  We were up late working on stuff and then talking about Baby Goldston!  It was a very special night that I hope to never forget. 

Matt, Amanda, and Tyndall
I slept upstairs with Valerie since Matt was taking care of the baby, so I slept almost allllll night, uninterrupted, which was a glorious, glorious thing.  In the morning, as I was walking downstairs, I happened to witness Tyndall ROLLING OVER onto his stomach on my Mom's bed.  I'm so glad I happened to be walking down the stairs at the time.  :)  I found out later that he started on his side-back instead of all the way on his back, but it was still the first time he had rolled over that much.  Then we talked more Baby Goldston and tried to find where the 'peach-sized' baby is inside my sister.  Whenever we would say "Peachy", Tyndall had the biggest smile... it was so cute.  
Special time with Aunt Valerie

Valerie left mid-morning to head back to Columbia, and Mom went out to babysit for a few hours.  Matt and I watched a couple movies while we watched a little bit of snow fall outside and while I was working on Mary Kay stuff.  I stayed in my pajamas alll day, and it was great!!  We had my Mom's BBQ beef for dinner and then just watched tv in the evening.  We also got the first ultrasound pic of Baby G which was so exciting and got to watch as Val & Zeb shared the news with family & friends through texts then Facebook.  I was a nice evening.  Matt and I switched nighttime roles, so he got to sleep upstairs while I was up with T who must have thought it was daytime. :) 

By Wednesday morning, we were ready to get home and back to normalcy.  We got ready then packed up.  Mom had to be at work at 10:30am (she is a caretaker for a sweet elderly lady), but we went over there to introduce Mrs. Mary to the baby and so Mom could have a bit longer with Ty.  Mrs. Mary LOVED being able to hold and love on a little baby.  I'm so glad we were able to meet her and let her love on Tyndall.  And I like being able to picture where my Mom works too. :)  After visiting there, we got on the road.  

We were going to try and see family in Spartanburg, but we weren't organized enough to pull it off.  So we decided to stop in Columbia and visit the Bethany office.  We got to meet the office manager and put a face to the name and voice we've had so much interaction with over the past 2.5 years.  And it was so great to be able to see Mrs. Bert who is the social worker for Tyndall's birth mother.  We got a little update on how she is doing which was great.  It was a short visit but definitely worth it.  

Overall, it was a pretty laid-back trip but wonderful!  It was very cold, but we were able to hunker down in the house most of the time.  I did learn that I need to pack more baby clothes and burp cloths next time.  I thought I had plenty, but learned my lesson. :)  I also wish I had taken more pictures, but my family would probably disagree.  Afterall, who needs pictures when you have a blog to remember every.single.detail., right?! ;)  

P.S.  If you actually read this whole thing, you deserve some sort of prize.  This is definitely one of those posts more for the memory than the newsworthiness. :)         

No comments:

Post a Comment