|5 months + 1 day old... first bit of rice cereal|
|He wasn't too interested, so most of it went into the bottle.|
|Day 2 of Rice Cereal: Ate much more and better 'technique'. |
Mom tries to prevent the mess by using a bib that is bigger than baby.
|somewhat successful in preventing a mess. Just a messy face.|
|A couple weeks in to eating Rice Cereal: He gets very excited and throws his hands around, resulting in cereal everywhere.|
|Bibs do no good. We strip down to diaper then go straight for a bath.|
|I like the way this feels on my feet. And in my hands.|
|What IS this stuff? |
One day it's yummy to eat, and the next day it's fun to play with and throw around.
Observations of 2 weeks with Rice Cereal:
- it's messy.
- baby + rice cereal = more baths
- I am eating all my promises to myself that my baby will not be gross while eating (pun intended).
- one time after feeding him, I may or may not have held him out for the dogs to lick clean.
Zoe may or may not have liked it more than Nala.
- It's best when there are 2 people. One can hold the hands down and the other can feed the baby.
- When there is leftover cereal, it gets added to the bottle for the next feeding.
- He has become more 'regular' (read: once a day) with his dirty diapers since adding in rice cereal.
- we need more bibs.
Next on the menu: vegetables!